How is seat gets allotted?
JoSAA allocates seats is the seat matrix data given by the attending institutes. These institutions provided seat matrix are taken into consideration according to the reservation rules and other policies set by JoSAA 2017. The students are ranked as per the category comprising
- Common Rank List
- OBC NCL rank list
- Scheduled caste rank list
- scheduled tribe rank list
- CRL-PWD rank list
- SC-PWD rank list
About seven rounds of counselling takes place with no spot round this academic year 2017 2018.
JoSAA 2017 Seat Allotment
The josaa seat to the candidates are allocated on the basis of desire and the rank scored by them, in JEE Main / JEE Advanced 2017. The allotment will be published online on the official website http://josaa.nic.in. Only those applicants will be allocated seats, who comply the formalities of registration as well as choice filling.
A seat offered to the highest possible choice of academic program is allocated to the candidate taking into consideration the following facts:
- The candidate’s category should be either general / other backward classes NCL / scheduled caste, etc.
- The candidate rank is in the josaa 2017 rank list
- The order of the academic course opted by the candidate
- The Seat availability in various categories after making application for seat quota